Faith Forward: Serving
Week Three Practice
January 28, 2018
Ask God in prayer: help me to be a better servant at home, church & our city.
- Think of ways to serve that interest you or uses one of your skills.
- Consider serving at church! Email us for a list of opportunities to serve at Radiant.
- Start where you’re at.
- Serving your family is a great way to start practicing.
- You can serve others where you work.
- Make it simple. Even the smallest act of service can make a big impact on others and your faith.
- Think of one person in your life that you consider to be great. What qualities make them great? Now, think of one person in popular culture you consider to be great. What do you believe makes them great?
- Jesus tells His disciples, “…whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant…” How is Jesus’ definition of greatness different from culture’s common definition of greatness?
- Why is it that James and John desire to sit at the right and left hand side of Jesus in His kingdom? What are they failing to understand by asking this question?
- Pastor Marco says, “Serving is not just something you do, it’s who you are.” His words echo Paul’s in Ephesians: “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Think of an instance where your faith has moved you to serve someone else. How did God use this moment to share His love through you?
- Serving takes the emphasis off of us and places it on someone else. How does this aspect of serving move your faith forward?
- Take time to pray together as a group. First, ask God to reveal areas in your life where you’ve been either selfish or self-promoting. Ask for forgiveness and then ask God how you might take His example of servant leadership and apply it to your life at home, church, and in your city.
- New to Radiant
- New to Radiant is a one-time class we offer every month. This is the starting point for those who want to serve on Team Radiant or simply learn more about our church.
- Register for class by clicking here.