Faith Forward: Worship
Week Four Practice
February 4, 2018
Take time each day this week to worship God through music.
- Set aside 15-30 minutes a day for this practice.
- Use your time driving during the day to listen to worship music while reflecting on God’s goodness throughout your day.
- What first comes to mind when you think about worship? How does that shape your current view of Christian worship? Discuss the answers with your group.
- In this week’s message we discussed the tempation of making worship about what we get out of it and the emotions we feel from it. How is this type of worship mostly self-centered?
- Adam said, “The expression of worship is a by-product of the revelation of who God is.” How do you see worship being expressed in these verses from the book of Psalms? (See Psalm 5:7; 7:17; 28:2; 47:1 & 98:4)
- What attribute of God is revealed to the living creatures in Revelation 4:8? How does this specific attribute lead to their expressive worship?
- We know that God ultimately reveals himself through His Son, Jesus. What does Jesus reveal to us about the character of God? How does that shape our worship?
- Together, ask God to show you moments when worship was more about you than Him. Pray for forgiveness and ask God to teach you how to worship in spirit and in truth.