Faith Forward: Baptism
Week Eight Practice
March 4, 2018
If you have decided to follow Jesus then it is time to celebrate that with your church family through the waters of baptism.
- Watch the message above on baptism.
- Talk to someone who has been baptized since becoming a follower of Christ.
- Reach out to Pastor Marco with questions you may still have about baptism.
- Stay connected through our site and social media for future opportunities to be baptized.
- Don’t put baptism off. This is a practice that all believers can do to move their faith forward!
- The first reason Pastor Marco gives for us to be baptized is that we are commanded by Christ in Matthew 28. Though this isn’t an issue of salvation, it is an integral part of your journey with Christ. Why do you believe Jesus placed the value of baptism so high that He made it a command to follow as His disciple? What do you believe baptism does in the life of the believer to move their faith forward?
- The second reason is because Jesus Himself was baptized. In this way Jesus was exemplifying what it looks like to come into the Kingdom of God. What does Jesus’ example say about the way we should be baptized?
- At Radiant Church we practice what is called “The Believer’s Baptism,” which means baptism happens after someone has made a decision to follow Jesus. Read Acts 8:26-39. How do we see this in the life of the Ethiopian Eunuch?
- The third reason is that baptism identifies us with Jesus as Believers. Read Romans 6:1-4. How do you believe baptism identifies us with Jesus after reading these verses? What does going and coming out of the water symbolize to the believer?
- The fourth reason is that baptism is a public expression of an inward work of God. Pastor Marco says that, “Jesus wants to be your personal Savior but He doesn’t want to be your private Savior.” Why is baptism a public event and not a private one?